Volunteering at CancerHelp Preston can be a really rewarding and useful experience – and there’s probably more ways of doing it than you might think.
- Could you offer a couple of hours regularly at one of our 4 charity shops?
- Could you offer a few hours and join us on a collection day – these are held at various times through the year in local locations?
- Could you help cheer on our fantastic runners, swimmers and cyclists, and adrenalin junkies who take on sports events to raise funds for CancerHelp Preston?
- Could you help share our messages, events and information on social media? Informing more people about what we do means we get more supporters and more fundraisers.
- Could you help out at an event – we often need volunteers to help sell tickets, advertise events and be there on the day.
- Could you be the lead volunteer in your office, company or shop and encourage your team to come up with some great fundraising events for us?
- Could you clear out your wardrobe and cupboards and donate any great quality, unwanted items to these shops?
- Could you host a fundraising event? It doesn’t have to be big:
- a coffee morning at home
- a bring and buy sale at your local hall
- a book swap where people donate and then pay a small amount for a new read
- a sponsored walk
- a pamper party
- a cake sale at your office
- Could you help out with admin or on reception in one of our Cancer Support Centres
- Do you have special skills or interests that could be used within the Charity?
- Could you and a team of friends/work colleagues help us with projects at one of our shops or Houses – decorating, gardening, re-organising etc.
If you would like to find out more about volunteering opportunities, or if you have your own ideas on how you could support us we would love to hear from you.
Please call: 01772 793344 or email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org