Cancer Help aims to work with companies to build a relationship rather than simply take donations. In this way the charity hopes to give something back. Support is not just about money. Companies can host clothes collections, give skills or services and donate items they no longer require. By working with a local charity companies can enhance their image with both staff and the general public.
Becoming a corporate partner can have a significant impact on a charity like ours. It allows you to make a difference to a community, by donating your time, skills or money. Positively impacting those adults, families and young people that use our services. By partnering with us it will enable us to raise the awareness of CancerHelp and raise the funds needed to continue caring for those in the community that need our support. Our dedicated Head of Fundraising, Laura Stephenson, would love to talk to you about any
of these ways to partner with us. If you have any questions or want to explore the possibility of your company making a difference but in a different way than the areas above then please give us a ring on 01772 793344 or email Laura on email@example.com
We would love you to get involved if you can in any of the ways below:
Charity of the Year / Staff Fundraising – Encourage your team to pick a charity to support for a year, through cake sales, dress down days and other fundraising ideas. It builds your team as they work together and support a great cause.
Volunteering – Across our two centres we have the opportunity to provide your work force with the opportunity to donate their staff time, for example to helping paint, varnish or garden with us for a few hours, half a day or even a full day.
Sponsorship – Pledging financial support to one of our key flagship events by sponsoring the drinks, entertainment or marketing. Helping us to cover overheads whilst allowing you to promote your company & impact on your CSR policy.
Events – Join with us at one of our events this year whether you give your support in attending and taking part or in volunteering at an event. We would love to have you joining
us at our ball, buying a table for your valued employees and customers. Or donating your time to marshal one of our walking events.
Gifts in kind – Whether you donate one of your products, your services or your professional advice, we would love to connect with you at this level & amp; would welcome any gifts that you can give. This would raise awareness of your company and our charity while you are supporting us
The benefits of partnering:
- Your company will be boosting your CSR policy
- Boost your team’s morale & build loyalty, by encouraging members to get involved in exciting events and to think of their own fundraising ideas.
- Show those in your industry that you are making a positive impact on your local community, enhance the awareness of your company by generating positive PR .
- Your logo will appear on our website as a thank you for the support you have given us
- We will ensure that (if required) your logo appears on the flyers that we have printed surrounding an event.
- Visit us to see how your donation has had an impact on our services by coming to one of our centres
- Featuring our logo on your website, and using our stories to show the impact that your support had had to those visiting your website.
The difference you will make
- Provide hope and a sense of community for around between 6,500 & 7,000 service contacts and 500 people new contacts a year.
- Enable us to provide more of our services to our local community who are in desperate need of our support
- Raise awareness of the services we provide so that those with a cancer diagnosis know that they can access support if they wish too.
- Allow CancerHelp to link with a corporate, raising awareness through positive PR to show the impact we have across for our service users.
Corporates supporting us to make a difference locally:
We have various corporates that currently support us through collections, charity of the year, prize donations and reduced service costs. Below is a list of those that have helped us
over the last year:
- Asda, Fulwood
- Collinson’s – providing
- Tesco’s Ground works –
- Minute Man
- Blackpool Zoo
- Morrisons Deepdale
- Beeches Chocolates
- Audi Preston
- Sainsburys Garstang
- Pennine Events
Barton Grange – For the last few years we have gained the support of this wonderful
company. They support us in a wide variety of ways and they ultimately make a huge
difference to the services that we are able to provide across our 2 centres. Partnering with
us to provide a venue for our fundraising activities, displaying our posters for volunteers,
collections boxes on each till point and prizes to raise extra funds at our events. It is great to
have their continued support. Thank you!
Tesco, Leyland – From fundraising events involving the whole team, to support through
their token system this store has never failed to step up. There is nothing that they won’t do
for us, and we really appreciate all of their help raising funds and awareness.
DWP Blackpool –
Arco Preston –
Sainsburys, Longridge –
We have a range of Support groups:
- Palms Support group
- Walnut Group
- GASSUP Group
- Pink Sapphires
- Laryngectomy Support Group